Filing Electronic Export Information
Electronic Export Information (EEI) is an online submission of shipment information to the Census Bureau of the U.S. Department of Commerce to control exports and compile trade statistics. Shipments that require you to file EEI will generate an Internal Transaction Number (ITN) from the U.S. Government.
DHL can file an EEI on your behalf (service charge will apply). To make shipping even easier, we handle all the processing on your behalf if the ITN is requested, received and included on your electronic waybill.
The following shipments require you to file EEI when:
- The value of an individual commodity exceeds $2,500
- The shipment is traveling under an export license
- The shipment is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), but is exempt from license requirements
- The shipment contains rough diamonds
- The shipment is destined to a U.S. Embargoed Country
Good to Know
Shipping solutions that support this service will provide you the option to file your EEI as you create your waybill.
Continue with next topic: Special Case Documents